Monday 23 January 2012

Happy Birthday, Elegant Poupée

It's Elegant Poupée's first birthday!

I can hardly believe it was one year today that I started this blog. It has gone very quickly. I also can't believe how many followers I have now. Thank you very very much to all 195 of you! It means a great deal to me to think that there are so many people from all over the world who read my words and share my love for Lolita fashion. It's been wonderful to get to know you through your comments and your own blogs, and I hope we'll continue to get to know each other in this way!

I love blogging, and I hope I'll get better at it as time goes on. I feel quite proud that I have kept it up for a whole year, and now it feels as if blogging is part of my everyday routine. Thank you for your suggestions on improvements- I have a list of aims and a list of posts to write now, which I'll be working on. Thanks for all your support, which keeps my enthusiasm going and inpires me.

Today I have an outfit to show you! I must say, I quite like this one. I went to a maid café event yesterday, and I decided to dress up a bit. Black and white and ladylike was my inspiration!

~Rundown~
Hat- Vintage
Onepiece and sash- Handmade
Everything else- Offbrand


I've long admired those 18th century ladies with classical white dresses and black satin sashes, so I had that sort of an image in mind, which is why I added the hat. I also wanted to use black and white striped socks to add something a little unexpected.


I tied the sash in a bow at the back and fastened it with a brooch:


It would have been nice if the sash was longer! 

I had a pancake and tea at the café. The cute and lovely maid, Merry, wrote my name on the plate in chocolate sauce.


I'm very impressed that she did it so beautifully, since my loooong name must have been quite a challenge! We did a spell to make the pancake more delicious- "Oishikunare, moe moe kyun!" It seemed to work quite well.

Thanks again for all your comments, follows and support over this past year, and here's to many more years of Elegant Poupée!

Sapphira

xxxxx  





10 comments:

  1. You look soo elegant!
    I love that dress a lot! Did you get the pattern from a Gosu Gori mag? 'Cause I believe I saw a similiar one and never tried to sew it, because it looked so difficult >.<'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogversary!!!
    I love your outfit, as always :D In particular the tights, they really give an unexpected touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so elegant as always ^^ No wonder you are one of my lolita idols XD Happy blogaversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so elegant! I love black and white on you!<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful outfit,I like the striped socks so much! You're so elegant. I hope you'll keep this journal at least one more year,good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress and outfit! It is very unexpected and charming @v@

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck and keep on blogging! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. AyraLeona~
    Thank you! I didn't get the pattern from Gosu-Loli, but this design is quite a a common one so I'm not suprised to hear there's a similar one. The pin tucks are the tricky part, I found, but for the main part it's not so difficult but certainly time consuming! I really enjoyed making it though :)

    Piperita Patty~
    Aw, thank you! Yes, I wanted to bring a cute element of Lolita into this very classical outfit. I love Classic Lolita but sometimes I want to try to do something fresh with it.

    Naomi~
    What a lovely thing to say, thank you so much :)

    Josine~
    I think it's my first time wearing a black and white outfit! I just remembered how experienced Lolis warn against this combination >.< but I also remember someone saying that the key is to never wear 50% black and 50% white, so I think I got away with it!

    MissVermillion~
    Thank you, and I'm so glad you like the socks! I'm enjoying blogging so much, I don't want to stop any time soon.

    kira~
    Thank you very much!

    Mrs. Mercury~
    Thank you, I certainly will!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry this is late but --

    Happy Blog Anniversary! I hope I can make it to a year like you :)

    And you look gorgeous ♥ Very classy!

    ~ Kieli ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Good luck to you :) I'm sure you can acheive it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...