Sunday 20 May 2012

Vintage and Ladylike Coordinate

Hello dear readers! How are you today?

Here's an outfit I wore recently, not lolita but still classical, using mostly vintage items:

~Rundown~
Hat, jumperskirt, cutsew: Vintage
Everything else: Offbrand

While the lace cutsew and broad brimmed hat were both bought in local charity shops, the floral jumperskirt came all the way from Singapore! I found it in the big Salvation Army shop in Bukit Timah. The fabric is very lightweight and cool, so it suits humid weather very nicely. It's a simple dress, but the cut is just right- I love the pleats!

I also tried my 'typically 90s' hat with this coordinate:


I think it has such a different vibe now! It's funny how just changing one accessory can transform the feeling of an outfit. 

Thanks for reading, and have a lovely weekend.

See you next time,

Sapphira
xxxx  

12 comments:

  1. Both outfits are beautyfull on you :) But I prefer the on with the black hat ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't decide because they seem really different to me...

      Delete
  2. I love that outfit - so stylish! I also love the white hat on you. The contrast to your hair is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Black hair is sometimes a bit awkward because it eats black hair accessories....

      Delete
  3. I really like your outfit, it's a nice change from lolita yet it definitely reflects your personal style. With the 90's hat, the outfit has a more fun and playful vibe, whereas the white wide-brimmed hat adds a lot of elegance to it... I can't decide which one suits you better, because both of the outfits look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you very much! Yes, that's the impression I got from these two outfits also :)

      Delete
  4. Really cute and classy! I am very fond of the first coordinate, it makes you look like a lady :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love this kind of elegant broad brimmed hat, I want to collect some more!

      Delete
  5. You're right - the hat changes everything but I love it ^^ The second one especially. I think it's really challenging bringing the 90s into a lolita outfit but you manage to pull it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Lately I feel very nostalgic for the 90s, although I didn't appreciate the fashion as much when I was actually living through them!

      Delete
  6. It's really a beautiful outfit! All the clothes you used are lovely and come together really well. I like both hats, but I slightly prefer the second.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...